Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things to Do Instead of Killing Yourself


I thought this was funny. Not that I'm thinking of killing myself or anything.. I mean I just have like eight pages of chemistry, ten pages of History, and Math homework...
Things to Do Instead of Killing Yourself:
  1. Drive in one direction until you reach the ocean. 
  2. Say hello to everyone you pass during the day. 
  3. Frown until your mouth muscles hurt (then see how much easier it is to smile.) 
  4. Create your own alphabet. 
  5. Start a scrapbook. 
  6. Make something you invented or invent something you can make. 
  7. Figure out if has no solution for non zero integers x, y, and z if n is an integer greater than two. 
  8. Make a BLT. 
  9. Work a crossword puzzle. 
  10. Count backwards from 10 billion by 13s. 
  11. Visit a yard sale. 
  12. Put on some really comfortable shoes. Walk somewhere in them. 
  13. Make something nice for someone and give it to them. 
  14. Go see a movie.
  15. Read The Lost Soul Companion. 
  16. Make your own list of things to do instead of killing yourself (and then do them.) 
  17. Organize your own mock funeral, invite family and friends, encourage them to eulogize you. (depressing)
  18. Let someone proofread your suicide note. 
  19. Build a fort. 
  20. Meditate. 
  21. Shampoo your hair. Repeat if desired. 
  22. Create an elaborate hoax. (Try not to get arrested.) 
  23. Get arrested. 
  24. Sneak into a church. Enjoy the sunlight and quiet. 
  25. Write me a letter. (Be assured of a hopeful reply.) 
  26. Volunteer somewhere. 
  27. Doodle. 
  28. Enter a contest. 
  29. Write a poem. 
  30. Just breathe. 
  31. Take a dance class. 
  32. Finish something you started. 
  33. Drink a cup of tea with sugar and milk if that's how you like it. 
  34. Jump up and down on a big trampoline. 
  35. Pray. 
  36. Eat a tomato. 
  37. Pet a kitten. 
  38. Answer your telephone the next time it rings. (I know you haven't been...) 
  39. Ask a stranger for some good advice. 
  40. Paint a mural. 
  41. Start a garden. 
  42. Do the dishes. (It's OK if you've let them pile up. Wash a couple of them at least.) 
  43. Visit lostsoulcompanion.com. 
  44. Rescue an animal. 
  45. Take your loose change to the bank. 
  46. Play some beautiful music. 
  47. Ask an old person to tell you a story. ( My personal favorite)
  48. Make yourself breakfast in bed. 
  49. Eat cookies. 
  50. Stare at clouds. 
  51. Visit the maternity ward. 
  52. Send flowers anonymously. 
  53. Make a long to-do list. Do everything on it. 
  54. Set a world record. 
  55. Open the curtains.
This list could double as a list of things to do before I die.


This is a conversation Bonnie and I had about rocks.


The devotional was a little extreme this morning. How crazy is the old testament? There's a reason it's called the 'old' testament.. they don't play around. Go read Leviticus 16:20-22. It talks about Aaron (a priest) transferring his sin into a goat and letting it go. UM what? I thought it goes - kill the perfect animal; not - let the imperfect animal live with all your sin in it.

If that wasn't weird enough the text actually suggests I get a stuffed animal and try transferring my sin into it. Hi, I happen to think that's a little strange. "Don't feel sorry for the animal, God didn't give it the capacity to take on hurt or guilt from your sin". Long story (really short), I didn't learn anything from today's reading.
I'm ready for the new testament now, please and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. don't kill yourself! so dramatic. watch a movie with me tonight instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha niiiiiiiice!
    yeah, go watch a movie! always helps me.

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you.