UM funniest thing I've ever read. The only thing that could make it funnier would be less swearing. Its not hard to believe that Voldy would be kind of upset about being defeated by a baby, but profanity is kind of unattractive.
One thing I hate: verses about the wrath of God. Police God. Mean parent God.
That's what my devotional topic was today. I guess back in the day one had to be completely pure and Holy to enter into a temple of God. "Tell Aaron and his sons to treat Holy offerings that the Isrealites consecrate to me with reverence so they won't desecrate my Holy name. I am God" (Leviticus 32:1-2) Then it gets into the messiness of keeping Kosher.
This day was all about reactions. My reaction: really repelled me from God. I don't respond well the scripture like this, my thinking was basically, "wow, sucks for them that they didn't have an AMAZING savior to take on their burdens". How lucky am I?
This is the last one in leviticus :)
When a friend has something on their mind and they don't let me know what's up. I think it's important to let your friends know how you're feeling. It seems like people can't be honest with me, and thats not ok. I would rather hear what's wrong from that person instead of dealing with awkward tension. I am the kind of person where, when something is wrong, I let people know how I'm feeling right away. I am not used to people "crowd pleasing" and trying to make other people happy at the expense of their own happiness. No matter what, you know if you're important to me and your feelings do actually make a difference to me.
AND if I am doing something that is offensive or not born of love, I would like to know, before I had the chance to go deeper into sin. Believe it or not, my whole goal in life is to be more like Christ, and I need your help.



haha oh, voldy...
ReplyDeletei am not a fan of leviticus either. not. at. all.
i know what you mean about friends not telling you how they feel. i hate it when feelings get kept inside and then bottle up. it turns out nasty in the end.
i don't think voldemort had a diary!
ReplyDeleteand you are so right. hopefully things get better!