Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Seven Ate Nine...


Hahaha. This is the funniest thing you ever seen; Don't deny it. Why am I not clever enough to think of things like this first.

Guess what is cute. My devotional skips every seventh day. So it says "On this seventh day, review and reflect on all that you have read this week. Take time to revel in the ways you have encountered God in the lsat six days." It says that every seven days. The text actually says 'revel' which is one of most favoritest words ever. How cute. Devotional - 1, Marissa - 0

I am going to go ahead and do number eight anyways. Title: "The Necessity of Sacrifice". It talks about how complex it was in Jesus days to make sacrifices to atone for sin. How lucky are we lucky that we don't have to worry about that. I think that is part of the reason we sin so much. We have his Son to atone for our sins instead of having to walk up the side of a mountain, kill a goat, and all that madness. None of us truly understand the severity of our sin. The text asks that we think about this for at least five minutes and that made me kind of uncomfortable. How lucky am I :)

So I hate chemistry. I die now. It is soooo difficult :( I have 28 pages of chemistry due in two weeks. The work isn't even that hard. its just so much. and so today in class my professor, Mrs. Maguire, was talking about some game that represented gasses.. ok long story short no one in the class had heard about the game and she says "It's the only computer game I've ever been good at besides farmville".. UM why is Maguire my new favorite teacher. The image of Maguire sitting at home on facebook all afternoon playing farmville makes my day :)

I have a new obsession, and that is the song "Sweet Caroline" :)
"Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good; I've been inclined to believe they never would"


3 comments:

  1. At Pitt football games, we always sing that song in between the third and fourth quarters. Except we change the words to say:

    Sweet Caroline, Let's Go Pitt.

    It's kind of a weird tradition, but really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs. maguire is so weird. why does she keep her cell phone in her BRA?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated chem way before you did. It's a problem that I'm not really willing to fix.

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you.