I resolve..
To minimalize.
I am going to try to live with just 100 things.
I made the list, and its long.
Like really long.
Like 100 things long.
but here are the guidlines.
1. "Personal Things" means things that are entirely or mostly mine. Clearly family-shared and household things (e.g. dining room table, bed, plates, etc.) are not considered a personal thing.
2. A few items are counted in groups. This includes underwear and socks. I'm keeping a whole bunch of both. However, I am still human. The idea of trying to manage laundry with a few pairs of underwear and socks is both unrealistic and gross.
3. I've left myself some cushion in case I receive a gift or two over the next year. But hopefully everyone who might give me a gift knows that they shouldn't! Anyway, once I receive a gift, I have 7 days to figure out what to do with it before it counts toward my 100 Thing Challenge. I figure that should be enough time to either graciously lose it or get rid of some other thing.
4. Finally, I can get new things. But I have to always remain under 100 things total. And also if I am "replacing" something, I have to get rid of the original thing first before I get the new thing.
2. A few items are counted in groups. This includes underwear and socks. I'm keeping a whole bunch of both. However, I am still human. The idea of trying to manage laundry with a few pairs of underwear and socks is both unrealistic and gross.
3. I've left myself some cushion in case I receive a gift or two over the next year. But hopefully everyone who might give me a gift knows that they shouldn't! Anyway, once I receive a gift, I have 7 days to figure out what to do with it before it counts toward my 100 Thing Challenge. I figure that should be enough time to either graciously lose it or get rid of some other thing.
4. Finally, I can get new things. But I have to always remain under 100 things total. And also if I am "replacing" something, I have to get rid of the original thing first before I get the new thing.
I am going to need some major luck with this one.
To Conserve Water.
This one is easy, I will definitely turn off the sink while I'm brushing my teeth.
I will carry a reusable water bottle with me.
I will take "Navy showers" (turning on the water in the shower, getting wet, turn off the water while scrubbing and bathing, then turning the water back on to rinse) as often as possible.
really the minimalist one is the main one. I think it would be pretty neat to try and live with few posessions.
and for once, I am not resolving to stay on a diet, because I've been pretty alright at doing so over the past few months!
Happy New Years!


Nope. But I like yours. I just don't follow them because I don't really understand the concept, and I have no willpower. If we continue working out at some parts of the day, I think I'll be fine:)
ReplyDeleteWow. 100 things? That's great- I hope everything works out for you this upcoming year! :D You're amazing.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR!!
good luck with this ambitious task!
ReplyDeleteWhat a smart idea!!
ReplyDelete